Just wanted to make sure you know about the new blog over on the Beauty Divine website! Now that my website is up and running, I’ve started regularly posting again but you’ll have to follow me over there!:) If you follow me on a feed reader, you can subscribe to get updates by using this link.
Here’s what you might have missed in the last month or so over on my new blog…
Me & The Misters updates – what me and my two favorite gents are up to these days
Design Trends – some of the fun trends for spring…neon brights and fiery oranges
Ask the Experts – great advice from creative experts like DoubleTake Photography
New In Shop – a glimpse of what I’ve been working on – some of my new projects and designs
+ Motivation, Tutorials, DIY projects, etc.
I’d love for you to head over there and leave me some comments so I know you’re still reading! Let me know what you’ve been up to!
Have you heard of 31 Bits? I am so excited to spread the word about this organization! I just bought this SUPER CUTE bracelet from them and I can’t wait to save up for a few more pieces! They are so pretty.
“Each piece of the 31 Bits jewelry is handmade by one of 63 women in Uganda, using 100% recycled paper and other local materials. 31 Bits is committed to working with each woman until she has graduated from their program and attained a sustainable means of income within her own community!” (from Promise Tangeman’s Blog. Check out her blog for a fun 31 Bits Giveaway!) Here are a few of my favorite products…
The girls at 31 Bits are all about letting Christ’s love create positive change. Through the 31 Bits organization, women in Uganda are able to earn an instant income, providing homes, food, and education for their families. Their program also equips women by providing literacy education, financial and vocational training, strong support systems, empowering individuals to further their careers and attain social equity. So cool!
Check out their website here: 31 Bits.
Have you heard of Poor Pitiful Pearl? I know I am supposed to be making money on Etsy instead of spending money but HOLY CRAP are these clothes cute! I’m secretly plotting how I can save up enough to buy everything in their shop!
They are made from recycled fabrics to give them all a unique customized look. Not only are they good stewards by recycling but they also give 10% of their profits to an orphanage in Puerto Escondido, Mexico. Pretty awesome idea:) Go check out their website, their etsy shop, or their blog and they will have you drooling too!
A few of my favs…
Oh and they also make kids clothes…good thing I don’t have a little girl to spoil yet! How cute is this outfit?
This fall/winter 2011 collection from D&G makes me a very happy girl.
Two of my favorite things (fashion and typography) in one!
[photo credit: style.com]
I LOVE this EP! (You can listen to it here: Hold Me – EP) It caught my attention when I noticed TobyMac was featured in one of her songs and I’ve been jammin to it while I deep clean my house this week. I love how upbeat and fun it is, and her lyrics are full of “grace” like her name suggests. I had a pretty low morning because of a stupid mistake I made and then I listened to her song, “Hold Me” and it completely turned my day around.
Jamie, now 19, is beautiful inside and out. “At the age of 11 she was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome and it was around this time that Jamie-Grace, though she had always loved to sing, discovered her love for speaking to her peers, acting and singing. Now in her third year of college, studying children’s ministry, Jamie-Grace travels the country speaking and performing – being a living example of how her faith in God has shown her how to be resilient during her toughest times.” –from her website.
Check out her EP – it is only like $4 on itunes. So worth it!
This is going to have to be short and sweet because I get to go entertain a bunch of preschoolers tonight! I’m very excited to be helping out our children’s ministry out since they are short a helper, but I have to admit I’m a little scared! Lol Pray for me haha. In the meantime, here’s five things I either found or really enjoyed this week. Don’t forget to comment if you have something awesome to share!
1. Taylor Swift really rocks. I sometimes wish I could know her in real life because I think we would be great friends! I love how her songs are so down to earth and so innocently sweet. Her songs are also really good for when you want to yell at a guy for ruining your day:) I’m especially loving her new album Fearless (Platinum Edition). If you check it out, make sure you get the platinum edition because all of her best songs are on that album. My favorite songs are Untouchable, Forever & Always, and of course, Stephen, which I love to sing to my husband!
2. Hot-hued cheeks! Okay when I first saw these super bright blushes I thought they would make you look like a 80s chick (in a bad way). But don’t be scared! They actually look really warm and glowy once they are applied and blended. These two shades are by philosophy and nars, but I know for a fact that you can get similar hot hues for cheaper at the drugstore. Maybelline and Loreal H.I.P. both have bright shades.
3. Blair Waldorf’s headbands. This is a do-it-yourself project that I am just dying to do the next time I visit a craft store. All you really need for these adorable headbands is glue, fabric/ribbon, and silk flowers. Super easy and super cute!
4. Dear John. I recently finished this book and sobbed like crazy. This usually happens when I read books by Nicholas Sparks, but this book was really bittersweet. The really exciting part is that it’s out in theaters! I haven’t seen the movie yet, but it has Channing Tatum so I know it’s going to be good! If you read this one and loved it, also check out some of Nicholas Sparks’ other books that became movies. My favorites are The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and The Last Song (movie is coming out in March).
5. Vinyl Wall Quotes. I recently saw a friend of mine put one of these above the crib in her babies room and it was so cute! You can find them for about $30 at Hobby Lobby and they look like they are literally painted on the wall. They also have scripture verses, so I’m hoping to find one to put in our baby’s room. Aren’t they cute?
Happy Valentines Day!! I hope you are feeling very loved today! Even if you don’t get into the whole chocolate and romance stuff, you should at least find someone you adore and give them a big bear hug:) Have a great day and enjoy these five things that totally ROCK.
1.Love Birds Cards I had to pick at least one thing valentines day related. And I absolutely LOVE these cute handmade Bird in Love Cards. Especially because I’m a little over the whole pink and red hearts. It’s a cute and a creative way to say I love you. And it’s something you could use any time of year. Check them out here on etsy.
2. Meteor Shower by Owl City This band is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love music that just leaves you feeling happy and Owl City really does that with their creative lyrics and electronic sound. I’m not sure if they are technically a Christian band but this song is a great reminder that we belong to a great God and he has made us new. Here are the lyrics: I can finally see that you’re right there beside me / I am not my own, for I have been made new / Please don’t let me go, I desperately need you / I am not my own, for I have been made new / Please don’t let me go, I desperately need you.
3. The Hunter Games books Someone at borders referred these books to me and at first glance I didn’t think they were might type. But I really loved them. I like stories that put you inside a whole other world and these books do that. The two main characters Katniss & Peeta live in a futuristic “America” where the government has gone a little control crazy. What really made me love it is the way that Peeta adores Katniss. He would just do anything for her. These books rocked. I can’t wait for the third one to come out.
4. Fashion Week Makeup I couldn’t help checking out all the new trends at Fashion Week. The one thing I really loved was the makeup on models for Michael Kors. The artist used Shiseido’s Spring 2010 line to make these shimmery gem-toned eyes. I love how he blends lots of colors together to get this reflective jewel look. It’s bright and fun for spring. See more of fashion week here at Instyle.com.
5. Haiti Love T-shirts Another thing I spotted at fashion week was Victoria Beckham’s T-shirt supporting Haiti. These are $25 each and the net proceeds go to benefit the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. It’s a small way to help and you get a cute reminder for others to help too. Buy one here.
Don’t these things rock? I love finding little things that inspire me…and sharing them of course! Do you have anything you’ve found lately that really rocks? Share it below!
In my pregnancy, I still have another 29 weeks to go. ::sigh:: But even though I have a lot of time to wait, I couldn’t help myself from scoping out all the fun baby stuff!! Especially now that I have a nursery that is completely empty and just begging to be decorated! So I thought I’d share some of the awesome ideas I found and get opinions. Here’s this week’s things that rock…Nursery edition!
All you other graphic designers can appreciate this! I thought the design of these rooms were so cute and creative. We’ve all seen the alphabet or the baby name on the wall, but this takes it to a whole new level. I love it! I especially love the time & date of the baby’s birth on a canvas. How cute is that?
2.Rockin’ Rocking Chairs
Okay so I’ve been warned that I’m about to start getting up every hour of the night to feed and change a crying baby. So one of the first things I want to invest in is a rocking chair that is comfortable! Possibly one that feels like a bed so I won’t get too grumpy when I have to get up!!
3. Tree Art
Babies aren’t the only things growing in these rooms. I was scoping out Pottery Barn Baby and couldn’t help but notice how many nurseries included a tree or branches. I’m not sure if I’m artistic enough to try doing this in my baby’s room (I did find a couple bad examples) but I have to say it is very cute when the pros pull it off!
I give my sister a hard time because she has an obsession with circles, but Stephen and I may be just as bad when it comes to squares! I was noticing the other day how many things in our house are designed with squares (a lot). So when I saw these rooms with square themes I knew they would fit right in my house if I were to put in that much effort:)
This look is so simple but I love it! There’s just something I love about framed artwork or photos (the square shape? haha). It really just gives the room a finishing touch and makes the place your own. I’m not sure which I like better, the collage frames on a shelf or evenly spaced framed art. Maybe I could do both? Cuteness:)
What are your thoughts? Any favorite designs to put in a nursery? I would love many more opinions!